Dr. Nasser Saidi shared his views on the topic “Currency Board: Salvation for Lebanon’s Woes?” at LIFE Lebanon‘s webinar held on 4th February 2021, concluding that a Currency Board is NOT a salvation for Lebanon’s woes.
The main discussion points were:
- What are Currency Boards? Main characteristics.
- Currency boards in history and practice: colonial history, recent examples
- Macroeconomic requirements for a sustainable currency board
- Is a Currency Board feasible for Lebanon? Reforms and requirements
- A Currency Board is not a salvation for Lebanon’s woes
The presentation can be downloaded here.